View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 09:00 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Default Ground Up Windows Install Configure Problem

I have successfully created my own server, using the easy setup provided, and am making lots of changes to the database.
It's been a steep learning curve but I've been helped along the way by the fantastic support from these forums.

I now need to make some changes to the server code (specifically \zone\attack.cpp and \zone\spells.cpp).

I have followed the "Ground Up Windows Install" by Akkadius but have run into a problem I hope you guys can help me with.

1. I have a new (unchanged as yet) version of the source code from GitHub in "PEQ source" directory
2. I have downloaded the dependencies listed (boost, libsodium, luaj_x64, mysql_x64, openssl_x64, zlib_x64) and
placed them in the \dependencies subdir of "PEQ source".
2b. I already have ActivePerl 5.16.3 from the original server installed
3. I have Visual Studio 2017 installed and checked it supports C++
4. I have installed CMake 3.14.3.
5. I made one change to "CMakeLists.txt" file
OPTION(EQEMU_BUILD_LOGIN "Build the login server." ON) to OFF

Now I run Cmake, set source and exec folders, Hit Configure, select Visual Studio 15 2017 as the generator.
Then I get an error pop-up
"Error in Configuration process, project files may be invalid"

more details:
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
LUA_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
used as include directory in directory D:/PEQ Source
used as include directory in directory D:/PEQ Source/common
etc etc etc

In CMake, FindLua.cmake refers to lua.h.
This is in the PEQ source\dependencies\LuaJIT-2.0.5\src folder
Is this the right place?

I'm not sure what I need to do to fix the "configure" issue.

I don't have any specific LUA installation on my PC. (I had to install CMake and Zlib to get this far, but not obvious what LUA I need)

Please help so I can go on playing with my awesome<*> server.
<awesome is open to any interpretation you like, from "wow" to "aww it's not working">

Andrew