View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM
mosfet777
Fire Beetle

So the 127... ip could be a problem. the installer sets up a single account for play from the same pc that is hosting. it uses mini/mini as its name/pass.
it uses 127.0.0.1 as its ip in the account table.
I have seen a couple of threads that suggested a problem may be a result of this, and one said it was impossible to connect from another computer if this account existed.
I havent tried removing this account yet because i dont believe that cavedude would have made it that way without knowing about that kind of problem. I am thinking about assigning static ip's to the machines and redoing the ip's in the accounts, but I dont see how that would matter. the ip's set by windows don't change until I request another ip, so they are basically static. logically there should not be a problem unless the ip changes.
At this point Im going back and looking over everything that I have done, and trying(again)to see if there is a mistake that I have overlooked.
It seems that if I can see the server in the list, but I cant connect to it, then I must be close.
I honestly dont know what to look for, so Im going to check everything.
Have you played around with the new installer?