Thread: New to EQEMU
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:28 AM
knowom
Discordant

I'm thinking of taking my zone layout in a entirely different direction to start with to make the whole process more sensible and easy, but more importantly actually feel more proper rather than too out of place certain parts of my zone setup wouldn't have meshed seamlessly in a good way. My new concept shouldn't feel so out of place to the players themselves if I can get it all to work and have a plan in place on what zone connect to where ahead of time.

I feel I'd be betting off using using the entire continent of Antonica and then making more subtle changes like replacing Splitpaw Lair with Black Burrow for example and using it a quicker travel connect to Everfrost from Karana area for example like the warp whistle in mario 3 kind of, but this time I'm planning the whole map and zone to/from locations ahead before doing any work on my tables so I'll have a concrete guide to go by and work toward as oppose to just winging it on the whole idea.

Anyway that's what I'm going to try to figure out tomorrow if I can I want to try and figure out if I can connect the entrance point of black burrow to the entrance point in Karana's that normally zones into split paw. I think this idea is for the better ultimately. Luckily I've learned a bit from this experience to do with different parts of the DB though the last few days and nights should really bit a fair bit easier this time around.