View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:41 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question Custom Objects look like Bags or Invis.

I figured since I havent been able to figure out this issue in over a week I would post about it here :

I figured out how to get custom objects into the .s3d files and can view them in eq model viewer...
i made them in 3dstudio max but my problem lies in the fact that when I go in game and type (for example)
#object add TREETEST1 0 TREETEST1 it spawns either a bag or nothing, I -did- put it in GlobalLoad.txt
first as global_obj (by replacing it) then as adm_obj and even as treetest_chr [shown below] but none worked and all harbor
the same results... I havent figured out how to texture in 3dstudio max or OpenZone yet either so the objects were entirelly white... could
this be part of the issue?

GlobalLoad.txt entry for Treetest_chr (did i enter this wrong? is 3,0 or TFFF reserved for certain entries? I just sorta threw it in, also sorta
just guessed on "loading character equiptment files"... not sure if that has to say that to be functional but I found out i could change that for custom
loading screen messages, I didn't in this case.)
Code:
3,0,TFFF,treetest_chr,Loading Character Equipment Files

Note: Treetest is a custom untextured test-model I made only to test this (no, its not supposed to be a tree,
I was going to make it one but decided just to make it random shapes since it was only really a test.) - As you can
see in the above example nothing spawns whatsoever and on the off-chance it ever does its always a bag... I have
no trouble spawning items that came with the game,etc.