View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Hmm, so the LDoN missions given out doesn't really "instance" an LDoN zone on live, but uses up to 8 zones only? What happens on the 9th group wanting to do Tak LDoNs, do they get denied?

I thought true instancing was what we were talking about, but you may be right. Or, that would be a quick way to handle it here on Emu anyway. No way 9 groups at once will storm one type of LDoN.

I have been working on this LDoN stuff for some time, but hit a wall on the PlayerProfile packet not holding the adventure ID. Since the only way to get help was to sit on IRC until I got kicked off for inactivity, I gave up. But my next concern in line after the interface was - how do you tell taka to spawn level 20-70 mobs? So I started thinking of spawn "conditions", and some script that determines the average level of a group and uses that condition, which will spawn the appropriate set of mobs. This of course means each LDoN zone would need 6 different level scales of 20 or so unique mobs plus bosses, plus loots. I almost blew my head off trying to work it all out.