Thread: Bot AI Re-work
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:10 AM
Proxeeus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I'm familiar with the group joining issue..wasn't so much on the buffing one.

I've added these to my list.

(A marquee message on a bot's death would be nice, no?)
Yeah that's a definitive step in the right direction for sure ! Think an update to the ^bglist command listing botgroup composition (+ their spawned/despawned state) would also be possible? Or too much of a hassle?

Other unrelated, random-ish stuff:

- possibility to configure & persist the songs Bards can twist (on an individual basis) ?

- tweak hybrid tanks AI to include aggro-generating spells ? I tried to refine that using the botspells table but it's kinda hit or miss. SKs will actually use Disease Could so that's great, but spells like Flash of Light & the Stuns line for Paladins is trickier and doesn't really work with the existing system.

- sometimes during a fight where you get multiple mobs, the bots will "split" targets: one will attack mobA, and two will attack mobB, even if you explicitly order the to stick to a target, they automatically go back to their split targets after a few seconds.

- speaking of multi-mobs fight, is there already some implemetation regarding Enchanters auto-mezzing adds? right now the leader has to manually ^mez adds, it definitely works but depending on the situation, stuff can get tricky :P

- i've seen Ranger bots Snare fleeing mobs, so that's good, the problem is that it's being cast really late in the fight. Ideally you'd need to Snare a bit before the mob Flee threshold. Could also add SKs/Necros with the Darkness line as well

Sorry about that info-dump, but those Bots are amazing and I'm only eager to see them become even more so