View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
hybrid125
Fire Beetle

In this guide, Perl 5.10 is used. How come it was never revised to state that 5.8.9 works and Perl 5.10 doesn't? Or are there some envirornmental factors that were not mentioned?

I'm using a fresh Windows XP Pro, SP2 install on a P4 3.2. Pretty basic rig. Windows Firewall/IC Sharing has been disabled. Antivirus protection disabled (for testing purposes right now). When I try to follow this guide exactly, I get the perl58.dll error. If I install Perl 5.8.9, I get a 1017 error and it says I own 0 of 0 expansions. And this is happening when I fire up EQ Titanium on the same box that is running ther server. I see others posting about questions beyond the initial login to their world server.

Are there some login or world server values that someone can give me that they know work. For instance, if I try U/N: usernameusername and P/W: passwordpassword, it will not let me past the login screen, but if I use U/N: myusername29 and P/W: password2370, it works? I haven't figured out a pattern there.

Also, my server shortname and longname are the same. Is that a problem? I've tried making them different but I still got the error message.