Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 05:09 PM
LordRathgil
Banned

I mean really think about it. Keeping it closed up is jsut basicly making it another SOE client that people cant do what they want with to make something truly unique anyone using it will just endup with a customized carbon copy of everyone else that uses it.

I know I for one wouldnt waste my time using something that cant be changed adequately, some people might want to replace the graphics engine for their game, others might want to change the opcodes and add features that are custom to their servers, some might want to remove features.

Keeping it closed up takes all those options out of the mix. Heck some people might want to add encryption specific to their server and login system to it. its just i dunno a waste of WC's time and vision if you want to limit people using it the same way that they are limited with the eq client, its like a total waste of his time and work, Imean he worked his butt off for 4.5 years according to the posts on this to give people the change to make something truly unique and now your saying they shouldnt be able to truly make something unique because of them cheating?