View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 PM
wexford
Sarnak

Default Some Questions and Feedback

Well Let me first start off by saying Awesome work so far Windcatcher. Now then,

Client: I was wondering if there was a way to change the window title and or the icon of the client so that people can customize it to match their Game/Server name? Also Ive been looking through the xml files and INI Files, Am I correct in assuming that you can change the races and classes skills and so forth? If so what kind of changes would it require serverside so as to not break the client in terms of how it interfaces with the emu? Also Would it be possible to add a loading splash screen? In the xml files there is alot of {param 1} type stuff is that parameter hardcoded in the client or does it read what is in the string you send via the chat box or that the server sends? Also is there some kind of a way to add new windows in the gui like help files, a potion belt extra hotbutton bars Chat windows things like that?

Item editing: Well I asked before, but I was wondering if we can have an Item Icon/Material/Model Reference list for the included Items, same for spells, or a brief writeup on how the id system works for those things so that it is possible to add to them as well as edit what is already there.

Targeting/Movement: I have noticed targeting seems a bit glitchy you have to click the npc or pc in just the right spot in order for it to target them, any chance of perhaps allowing it to work if you click anywhere on the mob or pc instead of just that one right spot? Movement is another slightly glitchy thing, turning causes hopping and super fast movement at times. Moving up steps is kind of odd as well you have to look up in order to do it ( Which would be great if the right click mouse work was implimented) But I thought I would mention it here anyway.

Server Related: Quests, I am not sure if its been asked before but do quests work with this version of the emu included with the SC Release? If so are they perl based or some other kind of scripting language? The loginserver, How does the client send the login information to the loginserver, is it just a csv type string like "username,password' or something similar, for those of us who want to take a crack at adding authentication to the ClearLogin or make our own loginserver.

Tools and Editors: I have been playing with OpenZone and the other editors I was wondering what versions of your tools work with this emu server, also I have tried using the admin tool in the OZ forum download links post but I cant get it to work I was wondering if there is some kind of a bug or if I just dont have it setup right?

Database Related: Items again lol, Is it possible to remove all the unknownxxx fields in the items table and server code or are those in some way hardcoded in the client?

All In all let me say this is a great start for a client and server engine for anyone who wants to put some work in and make a unique game and I cant wait to see how it grows and progresses, documentation for what can be customized and how to customize it would be awesome though. Thank you for all your hard work Windcatcher!!