View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 03:55 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Been meaning to post this for a long time for anyone who plays EQ solo and runs their own server...

Until the Dev Gods get time to look into the "Flymode 0" and missing walking sounds, I have a interesting workaround. Make a "cons" and an "attack" macro (or any other of course) that includes "Flymode 0" in one of the lines. If you desire to hear the walking sounds like myself, this way at least you get to hear them running after you or walking by as you "con" them. Remember though that this is temporary. As the Flymode is hard coded, and any changes you make will reset when the server resets.
My inexperienced ideas on future fixes would be to add a database int in the NPC_Types that allows folks like me to customize the Flymode. Or maybe the Spawngroups having a int. That way every time the Mob spawns the program would change the Flymode to your desired int.
In the mean time, my goofy workaround gets us halfway there. Love the MACROS!! Hope Ye'all are doing good and CHEERS!!

P.S. Of course this is for us solo players with the appropriate GM status. I just make allow all my toons use GM abilities in order to fix things as I play.

-War