View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Fulcrum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Fantastic guide so far. Everything has been moving smoothly up until I went to compile the first database... instead of getting
"• Build: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped"

I'm getting
"• Build: 3 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped"

To be honest I'm a rank amature when it comes to DB construction, so I'm not entirely sure what errors are normal and which I should pay attention to.

I'm running a AMD Athlon 1800+, 1.54ghz, 1gig ram with all of the suggested files installed... though... I noticed that rather than running Perl 5.10.0.1007, the link I followed went to version 5.12.2.1202.

Could this be the source of the issue or am I barking up the wrong tree?

*Edit, installing the suggested version of Perl and trying again... will update or delete this post if it solves the issue.
Unfortunately, I could find no legal version of 5.10.0.1007, however I downloaded and installed 5.10.1.1007 which, so far, appears
to function as expected, even though in it's release notes that it is incompatible in certain circumstances with the 5.10.0.* version.

The first server build seemed to go successfully once I made this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
What are you using to compile? Are you trying to compile the source for the server, or what? The "DB" should be mysql and should be good to go from a normal install.
Yes, I misspoke myself. MySQL has installed correctly, I'm compiling the server code as we speak. All the downloads and installs so far have gone flawlessly with a scant few exceptions... this guide is fantastic.