View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Kikinaak
Sarnak

Aye but thats the thing Akka (BTW, much thanks for your installer, I wouldnt have gotten a server up for me and my buds otherwise)

This doesnt seem to me to be a client side issue, as both versions of the client have the issue (anyone still using titanium chime in for confirmation here?). Now I've no working knowledge of the packet system so someone smack me if I've got this wrong but, it seems to me its the server that decides how often an item is consumed and then updates the client accordingly, telling it "that rat sandwich just got eaten, remove it from inventory"

If its a case of the hunger value being out of range I've seen mentioned in another thread, it could throw the calculations way off for the delay between eating. Being more full than possible could cause the delay to go negative, capped to a minimum, making someone eat like Gabriel Iglesias. On the other hand, being hungrier than possible could calculate an eating delay so great that it appears indefinite. People are reporting both. Has anyone running these tests tried stuffing their characters face with a stack of rations before letting it run? Does sitting idle or active playing make a difference? Dying for instance, does it properly reset hunger? What about when the toon is handed off to another zone server? If I'm even close on this, fixing it could be as simple as a basic sanity check on the variable.

If the code and binaries are identical between servers, then you gotta consider the hardware. How do multicores and threading affect the routines that figure timing on consumption?