View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Wolfshead Sky
Fire Beetle

DanCanDo, yea, I figure there will be quite a bit of wiggle room once I figure out what is critical, temporary, placeholders, etc., and what isn't. Unfortunately I'm at that newbie stage where I can't really think outside the box just yet and follow everything to the letter to the best of my abilities because I don't know any better. I'll get there, though . I've found that what works best for me sometimes is to just dive in and learn on the fly (though I try to match that with some good old-fashioned reading and prep work LOL).

N0ctrnl, I did mention something to that effect in my initial post, knowing that someone might take the time to help me out. My next "thank you" is something that you need to wait to happen naturally, not call someone out for. That is poor manners. Especially after the bulk of your responses to me were built on telling me to go read something along with a clear indication that you either didn't read some portions of my posts or just chose to ignore them. It also does not help when you combine that with an abrasive attitude and bossy imperatives. If you don't want to help, don't worry...I'll survive. But if you do what to help (whether it is me or others), understanding and an approach that helps people grow will work wonders. And you'll find people will more readily give you the thanks you crave.