Thread: EQ Growth
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 09:39 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post

In the end, I would encourage any dev to stop worrying about the population. That's the only reason they allow themselves to get stressed out and say "fack it". Guaranteed, if I ever attempt to put up another server, there will be no discord, no gm holding their hands, no talk show host or live question period. There will a website for knowledge and forums to post bugs and issues, and that's it. What's the worst that can happen? No population ? Oh Facking Well! It's mine and It's free!

Anyone starting out, working on a new idea just has to ask themselves one question, right at the beginning. Am I making this server for my own enjoyment or, am I sitting wondering, "What kind of server should I make for the players?" That's for you to decide, but do you really really want to spend months and months, (or years) on a project without ever knowing whether it's going to make YOU happy ? Sounds totally ridiculous to me.

THIS /\

I am making server that I will enjoy. And you can enjoy it with me if you want. And I am willing listen to ideas and suggestions, but in no way obligated to apply them.