View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Fulcrum
Sarnak

Default Minilogin Questions

From what I've been reading on the forums, Minilogin seems to be good for a small to medium number of people to connect to an EQemulator across a lan and/or internet connection but I have a few questions.

1) Are there any limitations on the number of connections that minilogin can handle at once? (From what I've read this shouldn't be a problem for my own needs, but I was curious about how robust it is.)

2) Are there any known security risks inherent in using this program to connect computers over a lan AND via the internet that I should be aware of before install/setup? (Reply to this question via private message please if it's serious but managable through network setup. )

3) I've read through several different threads and the wiki about the setup... and some say 'You must set the IP for each person' in the minilogin. Is this a one-time setup so that they can connect for the first time and create their account, or do I need to acquire some code to automagically update the IP in the database each time that they connect?

Thanks for the assistance in advance.