Thread: Merchant Bug
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 AM
wexford
Sarnak

Dont really know about Cole, however, I think you are making the right decision to be cautious about releasing the source. It would be great if it was just easily customizable for anything a serverOp might want to do, change classes and races, maybe change the entire genre of the game? Well perhaps not easily, but even dlls being OpeneSourced would be a great start, and would probably mean that in the end you wouldnt need to Open the source at all. Which inturn would mean that everyone is happy, they can edit what they need to and there is still enough security with the main course being closed enough to not allow people to exploit it too much.

I do have a request or suggestion, not entirely sure how much work it would be to impliment, but would it be possible to enhance the graphics engine? perhaps ad direct support for importing of other archive types? Or even direct import support for 3ds max and the other editors OpenZone supports?

I cant wait to see the new version comming out it should be a nice revision. Keep up the great work