View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by runicNomad View Post
On the positive side of things this server with the Tides system and the pet system is a new innovative approach to EQ. There does need to be some balancing but incremental upgrades have a two fold benefit with the incorporation of Tides. Pets are amazing and super powerful so this is where you can go into old school zones and have a good solo experience.

The blaring negative side is the spam every 5 minutes you are in a zone. So pretty much if your inspecting augments or trying to figure out gears or strategies or crafting or anything that requires attention you will be disrupted every 5 minutes with a message that you got a lottery ticket. For some people it does not seem to bother them. However if I got into OOC global channel and repeated the same message every 5 minutes they would tell me to shut up and quit spamming. This kind of spam really needs an on/off switch. It is absolutely abysmal and I cant get deep into anything without a message center screen in big yellow text every bloody 5 minutes.

Please man move the message down to the bottom at least or allow for a toggle. It is spam regardless of the fact it's about a lottery ticket that can net you a bunch of plat.

The overall new design approach with Tides and Pets are awesome. However the spam message and lottery tickets incentivizes afk (which maybe intentional to boost numbers) and creates a much more gambling centric environment rather than an EQ one.

I e-mailed you back, not sure if you got that or not. Patience is virtue. I didn't forget about it.

NOTIFICATIONS AND FANTASY IMMERSION - UPDATE 04/10

- The pop up message for tickets on the center of the screen has been removed for roleplayers.
- This change will require zoning into an empty zone for it to take effect without a server restart.
- Players will still get a message box notification every time they get a ticket.
- AA will still display on the center of your screen.
- Messages from NPCs will still display on the center of your screen.