View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 12:05 PM
Bugrup
Fire Beetle

It was the "clear" that caught me out at first, too. A friend and I were having real trouble making bots work until I found it

I have six main macros that I use to control the Bots:-

1 : Release (Makes the Bots resume their usual functions, and join in fights)

/say ^hold clear spawned (This is the key line, it cancels any Hold currently active)
/say ^release spawned

2 : Hold (Stops Bots attacking, however they will still buff and heal)

/say ^hold spawned

3: Guard (Makes the Bots return to this position after a fight)

/say ^guard spawned

4: Attack (Makes the Bots attack a specific target)

/say ^hold clear spawned (This is the key line, it cancels any Hold currently active)
/say ^atk spawned

5: Mez (Will make an Enchanter Bot mezz the current target)

/attack off
/say ^mez

6: UnGuard (Makes the Bots go back to following me)

/say ^guard clear spawned

These 6 macros do pretty much everything I need for most combat (I have a few others for spawning and inviting etc too).

The main two are "Release" and "Hold", which basically turn the Bots' fighting mode on and off. The "/say ^hold clear spawned" line as the first line of the Release macro is the important one I didn't know about originally, which will cancel any current "Hold" status from the "Hold" macro. Without that, they just stand there like lemons

"Guard" and "UnGuard" tell the Bots to stay at the camp, or to follow me.

"Attack" will tell the Bots to attack a specific target, if I want them to, but usually just using "Release" and letting them do their thing is enough. Again, the "/say ^hold clear spawned" line as the first line cancels any current "Hold" command, otherwise they'll just watch from the sidelines.

"Mez" starts with "/attack off" so I don't break the mez with auto-attacks before switching back to my main target.

Hopefully this'll help people struggling with controlling their Bots

Bugrup