View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 12:50 PM
smogo
Discordant

i did not move to 5.7dr3; but there should be no problem, as the whole thing is 100% perl.

There are a few fixes not yet in the code AFAIK, regarding :
- having more than one plugin file. i posted a fix for this, but it's not in the std distro. You can work it around by pasting all your plugins to one file (e.g. eqemu\plugin.pl)
- using precedence in global variables. The actual code AFAIk only allows one variable of same name for one pc or npc or zone. I posted a fix for this (think the name was something like "wildcard behaviour"). You can do without it, but it's not so good. Read again the sticky, you might find your way ...
- note that variables aren't cleared between talks to a NPC, so a global set for a NPC (e.g. job=guard) remains set on the next NPC, so, example again, once you talk to a 'guard', all NPCs are 'gaurds' until they are explicitly something else. There was a post named like 'perl variable mess' or something .... For this reason it is good to use wildcards, and set the global to "__none__" or something like that for all (i.e. npcid=0, zone=0, charid=0)

Debug hints :
- ensure plugins are loaded : once the plugin subroutines for a class are defined, call them directly in a quest file to make sure they are all loaded properly. You can also use the showvar and showfuncs subroutines (search, you'll find )
- check what global variables are declared and appropriate for your NPC (use showvars, or Lurker's debug default debug script). Ensure the global variable (e.g. 'job') is defined for your NPC
- the 'dispatch' plugin should be called from the default.pl file. Track the calls, until you reach the bottom of dispatch when no global has been defined.

i hope this helps .