View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Tabidzukare
Sarnak

Default Hi Orison,

Hi Orison,

Sorry is that part wasn't clear.. Are you just running the script as is? What I mean is.. just opening up listener and then File->Run Script->PovImport2.ms?
If you use this method then I think that is why it's not working. What you need to do (and my apologies for assuming you haven't done this) is add the script to your 3dsMaxXXXX\Scripts\Startup path. Then in 3DS under the 'Utilities' Tab (right side of the screen assuming a default install) select 'MAXScript' it will expand a new menu in the tab. There is a drop-down box there, and in that drop-down select PovImport2 from the list (it will show up if in the proper scripts\startup path (may be different depending on your install of 3DS). This will open up the GUI for the POV importer, select the options you want then navigate to the appropriately exported .POV file and voila it should work.

Your version of 3DS should also not cause a problem as this script was created years ago by Kaiyodo. I hope this works, but if not let me know. I'll be up for hours and I'll get back to you asap my friend. Best of luck, I can't wait to see your newest ground-breaking work!

Kindest Regards~~