View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I had to google that one. I've never played a Erudite. I just thought it would nice if newcomers read a little more (consolidated info) of what's involved in the whole production of the project, as well as the main people behind it all. Many people who use the auto-installer, would not even see the changelogs for the source code or database, let alone understand where it all comes from and how it all comes together.
I'm not implying total transparency, but I just think it would help people understand a lot, before they ask questions or make assumptions about things they know nothing about (yet). I've even saw negative posts on other sites, by people that are so "in the dark", they think people like Rogean can be fired,
The point I am trying to make, it's kind of like sitting down in a restaurant, opening a menu, and all it says is "We have food and you don't want to know how it landed on your plate."
I agree and have not had a whole lot of control over www.eqemulator.org itself.

I would really prefer to see a new landing page with easy to route resources for new-comers. Make it dead simple to understand what resources are what and divide the concerns of visibility (Player | Developer)

I'd either update the forums because they look like ass and they don't do a great job at encouraging positive engagement currently. Lots of restructuring could happen here

I'd like to see improvements LS account management is handled for recovery etc.

I'd like to see much better server listing criteria and management, giving server operators the ability to customize and put more personalization about what their server is about

I'd automate server promotions and demotions based on set criteria instead of doing it manually once in a blue moon

I'd fix the intermittent Loginserver issues yesterday

Messaging should be designed around "If I showed this to my mother, would she understand what the hell this is in a few short seconds"

Right now, the site has a lot of ambiguity in what is where and what this even is. For a long time we kind kept it this way out of the minimalistic sense for reasons of being observed by the mother entity itself, which there is less stigma around

All of this has been pretty close to my top list of priorities with my "free eqemu time", a majority has been sucked up by recent netcode issues. KLS and I have had the past few months of our major free time sucked up into that issue.

That being said, there is a plan to put some serious priority into these issues soon, I just need to get enough things at the top of our backlog freed up so we can make an update to the community and start doing some spring cleaning.

Also, keep in mind that this is also everyone else's community. You do NOT have to wait for people with special name tags to make things happen. If you want to contribute, pitch it, get it done, even if it involves suggesting things like you had today

It is my personal apologies for all of the above, I would have changed a lot of this had direct control over it. I can tweak server status's but that is about it currently

This is a players community, always has been, still is. We all contribute to this project because we fell in love with this game (And we're masochists) - and we all enjoy exercising creativity using it as an outlet in many different forms

Hopefully that helps shed some light on things, I'm happy to continue on if you have more AMA