View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 12:49 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Default Pets not being summoned

Howdy all - it's been a hot minute since I've played around here and finally got my server back up and running.

I apologize in advance if this has been covered elsewhere... I did try searching and didn't come up with anything useful.

I used the guide here https://docs.eqemu.io/server/install...ation-windows/ and what I believe was my last working RoF install that I had squirreled away (I don't think I have the discs or iso anymore to attempt a reinstall).

I re-created my last character and leveled it with #set level up to 52 and looked on magelo for my gear - adding through GeorgeS' tools.
I used #scribespells 52 1 to fill out my spellbook.

All my necro spells seem to work right, EXCEPT pet summon. I'll cast any of them available and it consumes a bone chip, but no pet spawns.

I went back and ran the export client files and replaced the spells_us.txt and dbstr_us.txt in the client with the exported versions and re-ran the server, but same result.

I don't see anything in the logs about a failure (or a success for that matter).

I created a shadowknight and leveled to 14, added bone chips and cast bone walk - and same thing. no pet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in adavance!