View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:19 AM
trevius
Developer

The new version works great, thanks! I got skills.h to load locally just fine this time. You may want to specify on that screen that it wants zone/spdat.h and common/skills.h, because there is also a zone/skills.h file.

I can connect to my DB after running your .bat file, I just had to restart Firefox.

One minor detail is that the most recent upload seems to contain your assets and history folders outside of the NullSpellEdit folder as well as within it. Not a big deal, but thought it might be worth mentioning to reduce possible confusion.

Also, would it be possible to have a config file to save your file/DB loading settings so you don't have to set them each time you start up the editor? Another minor suggestion would be to set the default URLs for loading spdat.h and skills.h to use the trunk instead of the spells branch.

I haven't used the tool much yet, but so far I am impressed. I like how it automatically updates the icon and effect video as soon as you start altering either of those fields. Does the tool use the new icon types or are they an older version of icons? I don't know if spells might use a different gem icon and buff icon offhand, but if so, it might be nice to show both types.

Last edited by trevius; 06-05-2010 at 03:27 AM..