View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 PM
kartikeya200
Fire Beetle

So, an update on this weirdness. I'm still having issues with it in various zones, and it continues to evade my very limited ability to figure out. Strangely enough, between my last post and this one I did a completely clean reinstall of the EQemu database, saved nothing and started fresh. I had no issues for a while, but now I've got back into raiding with bots, it's cropped up again.

Here's the actual reason I'm making this post though: I've found a way to 100% reproduce either this issue or one that's, to me, identical, immediately.

I've been having some issues with zone crashes in Fear. Now and then during a fight things will lock up and I'll have to reboot the client. When this happens, everything in Fear repops except for named mobs. After having it happen to me twice today, I got irritable (I was in there solely to make a go at Cazic), toggled on GM, and depopped the zone, then went to pop Cazic manually.

Every single time I spawn Cazic manually, I get an immediate desync (or crash, if that's what's happening). As with the zone issues, I can move around but can't cast spells, issue commands, etc, until my client finally realizes I'm no longer connected and kicks me. I know this happens as soon as I spawn Cazic because I can see my bots vanish (pets remain, bots disappear, it's weird).

No idea if this helps at all, but there you go. Still using RoF2 client.

Edit: Just for the sake of information, I can have two clients open (one isn't flagged GM), have them standing in the same place, spawn Cazic, and both clients will immediately get the desync.