View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 04:01 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
The main test character is a bard. Whether his level is below 50 or over, it doesn't matter. I'm not trying to test whether the AA pts work, that is different. I am stating for my basic Linux server build, using the database version identified, that it looks like the default settings do not allow characters to bind wound over if their health is over 50%. I did not use GM commands to set the skill. I increased the bind wound skill by using lots and lots of bandages. I even zoned, to confirm whether or not zoning was required before the change took place. In any case, whether it's a bind wound skill of 200+ or 210+, bind wound does not seem to allow bind wound to be done over 50% health. It should work up to 70% health without AAs, when your skill is over 200, but its not for me.
Code:
int maxHPBonus = spellbonuses.MaxBindWound + itembonuses.MaxBindWound +
							 aabonuses.MaxBindWound;
int max_percent = 50 + 10 * maxHPBonus;
So, while you suggest it's (in your words) irrelevant as to whether or not your toon has the AA's, spells or items with effect of 269, those lines says otherwise.

Thus, whether or not you're a Monk too is relevant.

Because a Bard is not a Monk (obviously), and assuming no spells, AA's, etc. (I never mentioned level specifically, but yes I know 51+ for the AA and skill > 200), how I'm reading the code, it doesn't appear to be a "BUG" so much as perhaps not the way things are in live?

But good luck to you....