View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

Interesting note here...

Three nights ago I was testing my code changes with the Titanium client on my BOTS-enabled test server.

I traded a burlap shirt to one of my bots (in tutorialb) through the trade window and my actual client immediately crashed.

I logged back in, bot had the shirt, I didn't have a copy..so, I moved on marking it up to a possible issue in my code.

The next night I played a new toon through to level eighteen on SoF without issue. (I camped out as soon as I leveled.)

Last night, I decided to play on SoF again and all of a sudden, my first combat engagement crashed my client to desktop (using a small bot party.)

Oh, must be bots, right? No, now that toon can't get into world.

I thought it might be related to bot spells starting at level 18 (bard has one, shaman has four.)

So, I checked the client log..server logs weren't gonna really help unless it crashed or I had more solid evidence.

[Lost my server log from last night..had to recreate issue]

Code:
[Fri Jul 13 17:47:35 2018]00375:fatal error in main thread Code = c0000005  ADDR=0x004be2c6
(I actually saw some particle errors in this client log at the same timestamp.)

Code:
[07-13-2018 :: 17:47:32] [Packet :: Server -> Client] [OP_PlayerStateAdd - 0x0178] [Size: 10]
[07-13-2018 :: 17:47:34] [Packet :: Server -> Client] [OP_PlayerStateRemove - 0x0179] [Size: 10]
Last night's crash on 'entering world' involved the client sending these packets, then the server sending them back..
..no other pertinent data was being sent during the crash time scope. (Both c and s events occurred at the same timestamp.)

I tested on SoD and didn't have any issues..only on SoF. (Couldn't test on directly on Titanium because it obviously doesn't have crescent...)

I deleted all of the buffs on the affected character and was able to get back into the game.

Are you seeing anything like this in your logs?

Compilin' Dirty