View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 07:15 PM
Halon
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmai9 View Post
Have you tried binding the EQ process to a single processor core? I know that is an easy fix for some people.
yes I did, I tried wineq2 as well, I also spun up a single cpu single core xp vm and tried that with the same error. I even installed it on my linux workstation and tried in on wine just for shits and giggles. Same issues. It isn't really a 1017 error since the client will work fine some of the times.

I am betting it is a network issue. Since there are times everything works and other times it doesn't. I have 40-50 Mbps connection with low latency and 2-10ms jitter. I am assuming it is somewhere between P99 servers and my location. My assumption is I can play several alts in eve online and never have a connection issues. I am running 6 alts in EQ Live right now with no problems but not 20 minutes ago I tried to play P99 and kept getting kicked to the login screen or never get past the server select.

This is an on going issue and not something that is new for P99, its been happening to a portion of their player-base for at least 5-10 yrs, maybe more I only skimmed over the posts looking for possible fixes.

Thanks for asking but its almost a moot point now