View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 03:13 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegila View Post
i get that, but im not just using titanium, following setup instructions in one of the linked pages in a sticky, i took eqlive modern gamefiles and copied them to the folder, skippign duplicates, to fill in gaps. Maybe that only works for getting old zones to UF/RoF, but I would think it would add the drakkin files as well. idk

Anyway, since drakkin werent even introduced til TSS, thus lvl 70+ I thought maybe it was just the servers as none say what expac theyre actually making available, just level (and then not all say that) If a server uses RoF client by default, but their cap is 70, does that mean it is basically tss? or all zones open but cant go past 70? just for instance. I dont want such a low level cap, but most links to pages are dead, and the ones that arent don't answer the questions of: What is legit, vs not really mean. i see servers that say legit AND customized and all kinds of things i'd think meant not legit. Then i see servers using rof but dont have levels anywhere near that to need it, SoF would suffice easy. Have extremely slow internet so logging into every server to find out what isnt actually stated on their listings or even their websites, isnt really feasible.

Will mess around more and use rof if i have to. Im sure the questions sound dumb to anyone thats played on here more than a week or 2, but the answers aren't really written in black and white to be searched up, or they were and the links are broken lol

Difference between using titanium plus my eqlive files, and using rof2, is a 4 hours download after midnight, or a download during normal human hours that simply wouldnt finish until hitting that aftermidnight time anyway (i only get about 20MB an hour 5a-12a) , thus the dilemma.
To answer few of your questions

Custom - means server has non original content - either added extra things or modified the original (these could include items, spawns, drop rates, difficulty of mobs etc)
Legit vs Non Legit - means whenever server always "cheat codes" such instant zoning, or be able to give yourself any items etc.

Also FULL expansions content is ONLY exists up to GoD - therefor servers usually only mention if they cap content BEFORE that point. Any server that claims to use later expansions - use them for custom content only since no one ever made the original content.

P99 is both Legit and Original.
Most other servers are Custom Legit.