View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 11:00 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

i get that. there have been various big exodus' a few times since i started (and that was post TSS) and many because of loss of older feel etc. the item DB i didnt think was a difficulty since every item ever seen on live is catalogued via eqitem collector by people and dumped on allah, but maybe there's more data needed than that idk.

if the zones are present, i can deal with that and populate them, just might not be the "right" mobs/drops lol. I can't really recreate the zones themselves though (i will play around with making my own though, big thing I liked about Housing, which i stil ldon't know if it's even remotely available, i think hosting ones own server is like a giant version anyway)

Recreating mobs and drops in a zone from memory for just yourself and a few housemates isnt so bad though. Selective memory can be a good thing if not trying to please masses, skip the stuff that was annoying, put in more of what wasnt, or some close approximation thereof. i'll figure it out, jsut gotta get server installed.

Thanks much, the existence of the zones is my biggest issue, so that's good. I got the full rof2 client installed and working now, and thats what i'll be building on server. All the things that are missing, are the things I remember most in the game, and those that arent missing, i often remember the least so it works out. Did a ton in some parts of PoP, Luclin, DoN and LDoN, but i wouldnt remember nearly as many specifics about them to be able to populate, and I wouldnt want to try to repopulate my oldest memories-the last few expacs that are complete. It'll all work out just fine i think, and I can always get on Live to refresh memories..just cant play with a 1000ms ping lol, thus the LAN hosting goal.

Thank you much for the info will do some playing in one of the OoW or GoD era servers for now i think, or just stay where i am and gather ideas otherwise. But I'm looking forward to getting mine up and running soon. If I ever get a better ISP (one that doesnt go to space and back or drop to 56k 3 weeks a month) I may decide to open it up public, but will be fully built by then, cable company is planning on 2 years from now haha.

other than running a server being its own sandbox, do you know if any of the housing stuff, other than the naked zones (sunrise hills) is up? its not really content, only some npc merchants really but lotta items, and of course the building codes, so i guess it could go either way. much newer part of the game, but if PoK and Guild Lobby are fully functional it's possible (is it? i havent even checked lol) Thanks again. gonna try install again and play some while i wait