View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
I see the current populations of custom servers and it doesn't look like there's much of a market for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregalimule View Post
something new needs to happen
I do agree with Splose to a point, but I think the reason the PoP servers going viral is simply people creating their own visions
for that era that they (and the players on them) wanted with custom quality of life added to them. But I am convinced this is all
just a "passive phase", just as it was back when people wanted original classic. Lately I've even seen rants from P99 players
wanting Luclin out of them. But that would defeat the whole purpose of Project "1999". Today they hound for Luclin, then what about
tomorrow, they will want a "1999" era server to advance into PoP or GoD ?
Bored players can be very unforgiving, in badgering a server to start expanding away from it's own goals, just for their own selfish
desires. But even though there is various servers from different eras all the way up to OoW, some players who have toons played
through to Luclin or PoP, don't want to start a new toon on another server, just to get to another expansion release, so they may
get frustrated with servers locked in one particular expansion.
Eventually, those "PoP" players will get bored of that same old shit and will be looking for something new (or new content). I'm
no forecast expert, but I have a feeling, that by late (spring or sooner), a lot of players will welcome custom servers.