View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 11:55 AM
velric
Fire Beetle

Default Amulet of the Haven corrupted my cleric!

So I've played on eq emu quite a bit in the past few years, but as far as setting up my own server I am a complete newb. I followed the guide as closely as possible except where it is outdated a couple weeks ago and got my own server up and running on the first try with no errors. I ended up having a few game play issues which I was able to correct by sourcing some stuff in and updating my server.

I haven't made any modifications, I'm just running the server like the Grand Creation server, no item editing or anything.

I'm on win 7 with Sof.

I've been 6 boxing, and got my crew up to 16-17. I did the amulet of the haven quest with my cleric, equipped it, then when I unequipped it, an error popped up. I re-equipped it and then my client was unresponsive for that box. Now when I try to log in on that character, the error pops up and eventually "you have been disconnected" comes up. It also crashes the zone she is trying to get into. I tried the "return home" command, and it did send her home but she still crashes trying to log in, and crashes the zone.

Just to make sure the issue was with the amulet, I ran out and did the quest with my enchanter on another account. I equipped it on the enchanter, then when I pick the amulet up off her neck, the error pops up. With the enchanter I quickly put it back in her inventory instead of equipping it again.
The client crashed, but I'm able to log back in on that one, the amulet is in her inventory still and if I pick it up the error pops up and the client crashes again.

I'm pretty sure I can recreate the crash anytime with the enchanter and post the crash log, just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before and knows of a fix, maybe something I've done wrong somewhere?