View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremis View Post
I'm prolly newer than you are LOL. I finally changed the listening port in login.ini from 5998 to 5999 and am able to see and login to my server now. Everything seems fine except there is no sound when I cast spells. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to find and use GM commands and How to add pet toys to a merchant.
Check HERE on the wiki for GM commands.

For editing merchants and such I prefer to use the PEQ database editor. You can either install the PHP app yourself and run it on a local web server or connect to Akka's EOC. I prefer the latter as it lets me get to my db from just about anywhere as well as having some other useful tools.

Now to my install...

Installed it to a Surface Pro (the original version 1) with an external USB drive running Windows 10 Pro.

Install worked like a charm.

Server starts with no problems and I'll be attempting to login later this morning once I get a client setup to connect to that box.

Only issue I see are a couple of errors when the login server launches but it seems to be listening so I'm not sure they're critical.

Errors are:
1. [Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream address 127.0.0.1.

2. [Error] Mysql query returned no result: SELECT ifnull(WSR.ServerID,999999) AS ServerID... {not going to write out the entire query string here unless you need it.}

After those 2 errors I get the "Server tried to login but database couldn't find an entry but unregistered servers are allowed" message that I always have on my functioning server.

Once I get a client setup I'll try connecting and let you know how that works but the server itself seems to be functioning.

UPDATE:
Adding a new user account to the login server table got rid of my second error but I'm still geting the first one.

From my main desktop I can connect to the login server and get to server select but once I click play it goes to a black screen and just sits there (RoF2 client) or goes to "Not Responding" and I have to end the task (Underfoot Client).

Running the UF client locally seems to work just fine though so I'm probably missing something to allow remote connections.