View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Amicus
Fire Beetle

Smile Game loads to a black screen and .... nothing else

I have a client problem that although I've seen similar problems on the forums after searching 20 pages, I haven't seen a solution, if anyone can help, I would be most appreciative

I'm using Win7 with an Intel Core2Duo.. I installed Titanium fresh and unpatched. I changed the eqhost.txt (I tried eqemulator.net:5998 and 64.120.211.247:599 and made a new shortcut from eqgame. I also insured that the port is open and unblocked. I registered and setup a LS login and password.

I, then, set the shortcut to run as admin and all I get when I run the game is a black screen and the golden arrow cursor. It doesn't lockup or crash, it just doesn't go any further.

I have tried XP SP3 compatibility mode, 640x480 and also tried set affinity to one core, even though I read several times that I shouldn't have to do the last.

I have been told to keep trying but I have been trying for over 3 hours now with the same effect and no change.

If anyone has any incite or if anyone has fixed this problem before I would appreciate your help