View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 04:21 PM
JimB_1958
Sarnak

Wowser. I was just trying to share some info about the server.

Quote:
So what you're saying is play the server because it's good because someone else wrote all of the ideas?
I think what he is saying is play the server because it's fun.

As for "someone else wrote all of the ideas"... what server here is 100% written by one person? Isn't that the whole idea of open source and sharing ideas? For my own part, I have given full credit and thanked everyone who has helped me with stuff.

And I have lucked in to an original idea or two myself to add to the server. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Quote:
As someone who has never played on this server it seems overwhelming. I'm sure it's not but I thought it'd be good for you to clarify to potential new players:

Is all this content set up in a way that it's progressive (IE you get ushered into something new once you complete something) or is it just "here's a bunch of shit figure it out."
There are EXTENSIVE how to guides on our forums. And players here are very helpful as well. As for new players: The Newbie experience is pretty much like any other server. Kill stuff, get to max level, get some AA and start making cash for upgrades. The difference is, there are a lot... and I mean A LOT of things to keep you occupied after this. And more things added frequently. For instance, since my original post I have added Treasure Maps which is a pretty huge addition that I won't go into here.

Quote:
Is all this content set up in a way that it's progressive
Yes... and No. Errr... both really. There are things you can jump into pretty early and others that you have to get flags for. There are "Tiers" to some zones where you advance through them to fight tougher mobs for better loot odds and better loot. There is a good balance just like any good server would have.

Quote:
If the money situation is to the point where mudflation has taken over
It's not. Not even close. The economy is pretty healthy in fact. You can make a lot of plat, but you will spend most of it. There are other alternate currencies that become just as important, if not more, than plat.
So there is no need to make adjustments to drop rates or stored plat or any such thing. It works pretty well as it is.