View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 AM
knowom
Discordant

I just came across this forum thread tonight that got me thinking about this subject a bit further.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87281

It's a program to fix transparent textures and according to the wiki it's legal as it includes no copyrighted files basically it just patch edits your current s3d files with transpfx.exe and a .bat file that tells the executable what to patch.

Looking at the .bat with notepad++ I see both chr.s3d and obj.s3d files along with a bunch of .bmp texture files and some sort of commands it's issues transpfx.exe to do to them and what not.

I'd be curious if the .bat could be manipulated to patch different s3d files textures to replace them with other ones of your liking to do something like for example inverting nro to a ice covered zone like great divide and you do the reverse for that zone making it into desert.

That's one example for large scale cosmetic changes. Now another example for it's use would be take Zone_points for zone lines that look similar, but don't normally go together like qeytoqrg to lakerathe though do look close to do some texture touch ups on them to fit together as if they always belong next to each other. So it's potential has both cosmetic and physical land reconstruction purposes.

There could very well possibly be some client differences in regards to it, but could be resolved with different .bat patch files for different clients. It could really open up a new avenue of server customization for the EQemu community.