View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:25 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3wish View Post
I was so excited for this server. The past servers have been a blast.. until a certain point. Both Varly 1 and eryvien. I figured that whats we were getting back into. When I seen this page pop up, I was like fuck ya, Varlyndria is back on the menu.

Until I actually read the post and remembered the worse parts of the past iterations. In your top 10 bullets, 2 of them are focused on donations. I thought, alright sure, whatever. First log in, drop into PoK, looking good. Go to the first "hub" zone, at the landing area from the zone in, a giant swarm of "donor" mounts. Walking up to the city to where your Tides buffer is, the road all the way is flanked by your different tiers of donor toys. Hell, you even have a option on your porter to take you straight to the donor area...

This is what led to the downfall of your previous servers IMO. Greed, trying to wring as much money out of your players as possible. The ideas and concepts you had behind them were amazing, but allowing people to donate for unlimited power only leaves you with those who donated for the unlimited power. Nobody else could hold a candle to them.

While there is obviously some tuning to be done on the server itself, since it was just released, the one thing that is going to drive people away from this server is the blatant attempts at trying to squeeze as much cash as you can out of your playerbase.

You said you spent the last couple of months developing the server, however
it feels like it was spent developing options for donating.

Edit: As I was writing this, you moved the donor area away from the main hub. However, the point still stands.

I agree with you completely, I put those NPCs there for easy access orginally, but I can see that they were rather intrusive and that's why I decided to move them into an area of their own. Donations are always helpful, but I did not spend the time and passion on this project just for that. I am a big gamer myself, and I enjoy EQ a lot. That's also one of the major reasons I didn't make the donation system P2W. Varlyndria is a little bumpy right now with some balance issues with melee classes at the start, but I will be making some solid changes to help out with that. I really do appreciate the feedback. I hope to see you back online and having some fun once this all smooths out.

EDITED:

MAJOR QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES AND AID TO MELEE CLASSES

• The Melee Damage of all weapons on the server has been increased by 100%.
• The AC of all items on the server has been increased by 100%.
• Items that give AC now give an extra bonus of + 2 HP per point of AC for all items on the server. Example 50 AC = 100 extra HP.
• All spell costs have been reduced by 100%
The AGI changes I did to the source to prevent being invincible had a very negative effect on overall protection. These changes will make you far less squishier.
Melee will also be competitive with pet users now, dealing far stronger damage.