View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Default Portable EQEMU Server

I made this for someone on the forums that wanted help setting up a server, so I figured I would also post it here in case someone else might find this useful. This version is public login with latest Binaries and CVS PEQ DB from 10-15-08.

I also have the The Minilogin Version using Angelox's DB if anyone wants that, well here is the PM.

OK here is the Server I said I would setup for you, Let me explain a few things first. All credit for this Idea goes to John Adams I just Remade it and added a program to start the servers.

With this repack you will not need to install MYSql or Perl, its already good to go, you will need to have .net framework 2.0 though.
  1. You will have to go into the eqemu folder and find this"eqemu_config.xml" open in notepadd++ or what ever program you choose. find this line <longname>My Server</longname> and change to your server name.
  2. Ok now find this line <address>127.0.0.1</address> and add your global IP address in there.
  3. Now you will need to add the map files you can get them here or Angelox has the New ones posted on his site also.
  4. Make sure the maps go into the maps folder like this eqemu/maps/abysmal.map .
  5. It also has the PEQDB editor once you start the server just goto http://127.0.0.1 and that should take you there
  6. Download Server -=HERE=-
Well if you have any questions just let me know, it should be pretty straight forward. If I forgot anything I apologize, just feel free to ask questions.
~LL~

EDIT;
HERE is the newer version of the GUI that contains both PEQ and AX_CLASSIC

Last edited by Angelox; 12-23-2008 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: New link for updated download