View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

The perfect server for > me < would include the following things:

- The single most important thing that will draw people to your server and keep people talking about it is frequent, random, GM controlled events. I remember many, many, years ago a GM showing up at a raid I attended and turned all of the raid members into giant gnomes and then turned the raid target, a dragon, into a dwarf. No lie, this was in the 989 / Verant days.

- All content doable with 1-2 characters like Imperium

- Most of the same quests and event from live but with additional custom things

- A robust armor / weapon / augment upgrade system. Think about epics that that gain power as you complete X, augments similar to the LDoN style that evolve as you do X, etc. An elaborate upgrade system is paramount for me in any game.

- Accelerate xp but not over done. Somewhere in the neighborhood of +1.5 - 1.75%.
I love extremely flashy armor and weapons. If I am an ogre warrior, I want my shield to be nearly as big as I am! If I am a wizard I want my staff to crackle with electricity.

- I prefer mercs over bots. I think I am just too stupid to set up a bot lol.

- A multiclassing option might be interesting. Something to the effect that once you hit max level and do X quest, you then gain access to another class's skills. Think old school tank mages in Ultima Online.