View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 01:59 AM
KLS
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
As for instancing, I know it in practice is not supported, but in theory? Maybe it could happen by spawning the same zone twice - static? I haven't really tried on purpose. But accidentally, I did end up 2 toons in the same zone, running twice.
First of all I didn't mean to make you feel bad, I just wish I could have helped. And yeah from what I heard john had the recruiter click opcode but was having the zone crash somewhere along in the process.. I didn't have his code though. (I really should have asked for a diff)

In theory we could create 2 exact same versions of the same zone but.. database nor zoning code is really setup for true instancing.

I think in terms of doors/stones zoning you into the correct zone/instance.. the most logical solution to me would be to add limited object quests. Something like a small quest that responds to EVENT_USE or EVENT_CLICK or something. Would be useful elsewhere too.. (like that door at the bottom of the hole when clicked is supposed to aggro mobs nearby, which isn't possible without such functionality).

Would be doable with current functionality I guess with translocater NPCs though.

In terms of charms/changing items I'm not sure exactly how that would be handled, would have to be some kind of scripting for sure.