View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 07:40 AM
xariongray
Fire Beetle

What are your thoughts on a 6-box limit, when the most challenging and rewarding content will be tuned for 18 players?
I'm not a boxer. Has nothing to do with only wanting to be a "solo" player. I suck at it. I've tried, and keep trying it, and it just doesn't work for me. On the other hand, I'm a solo player because of life outside of the game. Most of the time that I'm able to play, there either isn't anyone on or they're all in their boxed group doing stuff and are already at the end game. I'd love to be able to grab a Merc and go through and do 'group' content (specifically LDoN's, I loved those back in the day)

Which do you prefer, Dungeon Runner style, or Sandbox, and why?
I'd probably say Dungeon Runner, I do most of my leveling in the closed zones, more than I do the open ones (i.e. CoM and not EJ)

Do you prefer a hub zone with teleporters, or a custom zoneline travel-based world?
Not really sure I have an opinon on this one.

How do you feel about limiting class choices?
Each class had/has their role, and in some ways Live did little things to make some of the classes more palatable (petamorph clickies that would give Enchanters the ability to control their pets, for example). If you can pick and choose and edit or whatever to make it so that the more 'popular' classes could do more and be more survivable, sure, limit away.

How do you feel about completely deleting class abilities and customizing from the ground up?
See above.

How do you feel about introducing donator weapons as the only piece of gear obtainable via donations?
If the donation gear isn't more powerful than what can be gotten from endgame, I have no problem with it. I'd even go so far as to say Sword Of Power at lvl 1 is a 6/30 weapon. By the time you get to max level, it's now a 30/24 or whatever. I've always liked the idea of getting gear at level 1 and being able to keep it until I've reached max.

What are some tasteful rewards for donations that I can implement that are NOT pay to win?
I'd say along the lines of the same as Live. Clickie illusions for players and pets, mounts, bags (if we could ever get past the 10 slot limit factor). One server I've played on has vendors that will make any gear into an ornamentation, I really like that idea as there are a few armor sets that I like the look of more than others (especially fond of the High Elf Cultural Armor for casters)