View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 AM
hawkbs
Fire Beetle

@Dryamzord01 Click on the start menu in windows click search and type in cmd. On the result for command prompt, right click it and run as administrator.

Then in the command prompt type cd\ and hit enter which will take you to c:\

If you installed Georges Tools in c:\Georges Tools\resources you would then type in cd Georges Tools

If they are in another location you would enter that, i.e. cd users\\name\documents\desktop\eqemu tools\Georges tools\resources and hit enter which would change to that directory

In Windows explorer, navigate to the resource folder for the tool you want to run i.e.
d:\Documents\Desktop\eqemu\EQEmu Tools\GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files\Tools\resources
find register_ocx.bat and right click on it click open with and choose notepad unless you have notepad++

You will see the following

Code:
regsvr32 a.ocx 
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
regsvr32 VFmp3player.ocx
regsvr32 quartz.dll
regsvr32 MSHFLXGD.OCX
Then with your mouse highlight one entire line of code and then hit ctrl-c to copy it
Right click twice in the Admin Command Prompt Window and it should automatically paste.

You should see something like this in the window

Code:
d:\Documents\Desktop\eqemu\EQEmu Tools\GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files\Tools\resources regsvr32 a.ocx
Then hit enter. If all went well you should get a popup saying the file was successfully registered.

Then just repeat for each line that is in that register_ocx.bat file you opened in notepad or notepad++

When you are finished make sure you set the db.ini file correctly.

Then when all are finished chose the application i.e NPC Loot Edit.exe and run it.
You might get a popup saying
"ERROR IN CONNECTING TO THE DATABASE - DID YOU REGISTER ALL FILES"
Just click ok and ignore it.
The next screen you will see will have a picture of a mouse with a sword on it.
FIRST THING : Bottom Left Corner - If you see a tickbox to turn off sound tick it or you will get an error.

Second in the top right it will have the login info and may say error connecting
ignore that and click Lets Start.
Next is to test. As Im using NPC Item Editor Im going to leave everything as I see it.
Up top left it will see NPC ALL and ZONE OASIS. Then I click search. You should see a counter then counting upto 118 i.e. 23/118
If you see that then everything is working and its connected to your database.