View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Null
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGarden21 View Post
Thanks Null! It that fixed that issue!

However... (always that however in lurking somewhere, isn't there? =/ )

After testing the update a bit on two different PCs, I've discovered a few things I thought I should bring to your attention.

1. Creating a new spell via "copy" command and writing changes to the database works with both Firefox and IE on both PCs. But if you alter a spell, for instance just the name of the new spell AFTER you write the new spell to the database it will not change anything. This applies to all spells currently in the database already.

It appears that anything that already exists in the database is not being overridden when writing changes to the database. I think of all functions available with your editor, that one would be essential as it saves a lot of time having to export to Spell IO to make changes to any spells that already exist.

I'm not sure if this is an actual function of this feature, to re-write changes over existing spell entries, or not. But logic tells me that's the way you designed it to function. It just isn't, unfortunately.
If I am understanding the issue correctly, you are importing from a spells_us.txt then writing your changes to the database and it is only updating the ones you have changed. Write Changes will write only the spells that have been altered since the last import/save/write. Full Write will write everything to the database no matter if it has been changed or not. I did it this way for performance reasons since doing a full write to the database can take a very long time.

So if you want to get the spells in your spells_us.txt into your database, you will need to import from file, then full write to the database. Then any other time you want to load your spells, you can do so directly from the database and just save off a spells_us.txt when you need to make a version for your players.

If this isn't the problem that you are having, can you give me step by step instructions of what you are doing so I can reproduce it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGarden21 View Post
2. This one is quite minor because there's an easy work around, but the bottom of the login portion (the reset and submit buttons specifically) of the editor is cut off on my 19 inch CRT monitor running 10x7 resolution. Changing my resolution to 16x12 certainly fixes that issue, but of course text is so small you practically have to face-plant the monitor to read entries in the database.

I don't have a problem on my laptop because it naturally runs a higher resolution than my desktop does, and that's the PC I use for my server. Like I said a minor issue.

Might I suggest a fix to widen the login screen horizontally, so it doesn't extend so much vertically? I think that would certainly fix any and all issues regarding different user resolution settings, and we all know that everyone has their preferences that vary as much as the people themselves.
I thought it would scale but I just tested it and yea, it really doesnt like that low of a resolution. I'll try and get it a bit more friendly with lower resolutions in the future.