Thread: Enabling Mercs?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 12:09 AM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

So to anyone who stumbles across this... sourcing mercs.sql is no longer necessary.

I ran both of these, with a small exception of adding AllowMercs to ALL rulesets, instead of just rule set 10. I took dbstr_us.txt from an EQ client updated on live about a year ago. I placed this into my UF Client installation that I am using. I placed all the UF missing files into my UF Client installation. I ran these using Heidi SQL with no issues.

2. Your next step is to enable mercenaries in your ruleset. I am assuming you are using the default EQEmu ruleset of "10". Type in a mysql command prompt:

UPDATE `peq`.`rule_values` SET `rule_value`='true' WHERE `ruleset_id`=10 AND `rule_name`='Mercs:AllowMercs';
and press enter.

3. If you wish to tweak other aspects of mercenaries, refer to the list of server rules here, and update them accordingly .

4. You will also need to change the class of the Mercenary Merchants from '1' to '71' for their lists to populate properly.

UPDATE `peq`.`npc_types` SET `class`='71' WHERE `lastname` LIKE '%Mercenary Liaison';

Now I have Mercs, yay! My server is called Minnesota EQ.. I plan to leave it up 24/7 on a VM I have running inside my ESXi box. I run several other old school game servers like HL:CS & Q3 Open Arena. Wonderful job on EQEmu, I love it. Saves me $15-$30/mo & am having lots of fun at my own pace.