View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 07:22 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Thanks Krab and Chaos. Chaos answered some questions I was still wondering after finding an archived post explaining at least the basic server descriptions. I wasnt aware that GoD is still as far as is coded for, but if that's just what's fully coded, while a good portion of newer ones is done then that's kinda different. I knew people had talked about entering zones well past GoD, so I had assumed like a lot of things I've found stickied or linked to stickies, that it was no longer applicable.

That said, GoD is last FULL expac done, but how new do partials go? i mean where there're some zones etc avail not just the level/aa/spells, or do all the zones stop at GoD? I thought I saw people talking about zoning into some TSS and SoF zones and (I may be senile) even UF and HoT ones somehwere.

Just trying to figure how much custom content I'm going ot have to figure out/acquire to do much past 75 when I get my own server up, as my enjoyments never really been in the lower levels as much as playign with ways to powerlevel to working levels and THEN enjoying the game. I have 3-4 other people to teach the game to so that won't be right away except in my own time, but it'd be useful to plan around if i knew ahead of time

is there a list somewhere of what is and isnt done in the post-GoD era? I did have a lot of enjoyment in the OoW and GoD expacs despite their age when I started the game, but that's kinda my starting funstuff for farming, soloing, twinking, whatever. Should I just plan on sticking to level 80 or below if I don't really want to use custom content? Or is there at least some portions of the 85+game available to use. I'd be happy in 85-90 range, can live with 80 if needed, but 75 is only fun for a little while for me. I don't need everything, just hoping there's something here and there for the range is all 80-85 content can keep me happy at 90 for that matter, just my addiction to the game didnt start til i was near 80, so my nostalgia starts with the stuff I played in at that time.

Thanks for hte answers guys, if anyone can point me to a listing of what is and isn't around (zone/gear/mob type lists) in the server files somewhere it'd be great. Would just be exploring it myself but I'm on my 4th pc/os install attempt of server with no success yet :/ tried on 10, 2 diff 7 accounts, still trying in VM, and thinking of dual-booting one of my machines to try that lol. Sometimes luck just isnt on my side...I spent the last 2 months trying to get my media server working right..or staying that way...and it's still awaiting diagnosis, so this isn't really surprising lol.