View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 01:34 AM
Movement
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Dogg View Post
When looking for "templates" or tasks to learn from, sometimes the obvious is overlooked.
Speak with Guard Rahtiz in Tutorial :P
I figured out the "issue".. Please see below.

(Quoted from my other post in the other thread.)
Ok... I found the problem and resolved it. And its nothing I was doing wrong. I am actually kind of pissed because I have been working on this crap for 4 days now and yet again I thought it was something on my end but instead it was a PEQ issue.

The problem is, in the mobs name that I am using to trigger the final reward of the "task" he has an apostrophe (') in the middle of his name.

I was totally bewildered as to why this wasnt working. So I made a NEW npc and set him as the quest objective. I made the new NPC's name as "TestMobOne". In the DB, in the perl script file.. everywhere.

I zoned in and got the quest, got to the last part where I had to "kill" my named to complete the task/activity. I spawned my newly created NPC and I got the activity complete dialogue and finished the quest as well as getting the reward like I normally should.

I was even more bewildered but at least since it worked for the very first time I had a glimmer of hope. After some more testing I found out the "bug" was in the mobs name!

As soon as I remove the apostrophe (') from my mobs name it worked with no issues!!!!!

I can have a hashtag in front of his name, underscores to signify "spaces" in the name (if you have a mob like Van Der Horff or something like that.. ie. Decaying_Skeleton>.etc) but as soon as you put that fucking apostrophe, everything comes to a screeching halt!

I had a similar issue like this with a quest in rivervale... The quest would "BUG" out if you put a hyphen (-) in the word Cazic-Thule as a link/keyword. as soon as I removed that fucking hyphen it worked perfectly!

So there seems to be an issue in PEQ with regard to having special characters (apostrophe's and hyphens) in mobs names or in quest links/keywords...

Can we please have a dev look into this because I dont want anyone else to waste their time chasing their tail like I did.