View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:02 PM
superemu
Sarnak

I have tried renaming the highpass* files to highpasshold*, and I cant get it to work. Whenever I zone into highpasshold, i get stuck at loc 0 0 0 and cant move and can see nothing but empty sky all around and various objects and npcs at various distances from me. I changed the zone record for zone 5, highpass to zone 407, highpasshold, and also renamed the server map files from highpass to highpasshold. As far as I can tell, that's all I should need to do. Yes I will have to make sure other data records get fixed like paths, spawns, objects, etc., but i simply cannot get a character to zone in properly. I can't figure out the problem.

I was able to get the zone to run properly by copying in the original highpass files and leaving them named as highpass, and using a binary editor to actually change the zone name in the eqgame.exe file from highpasshold to highpass by overwriting the last four characters with zeros. But I hate that solution. I don't want to have to change the exe.

I just don't know why the zone wont load with the highpass files renamed to highpasshold.