View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:50 AM
trevius
Developer

Ok, I just got the defines added into attack.cpp. They seem to work fine though I had a small issue with the first commit because I didn't realize that some rules had changed or been removed. I had to add the old level diff rule back in for now and I also made a second rule for the agi bonus for when using the define in place of the new agi rule bonus settings.

To use the old system, simply edit /zone/attack.cpp and uncomment the define(s) near the top of the file. There are 2 different defines. One is for reverting the most current chancetohit changes and the other is for reverting to the very old avoidance bonus formula.

Both of those defines and related rules will be removed when the new chancetohit is all definitely completed and maybe tested for a month or something. I think this will also give people a little more time to fit getting their content balanced again in whenever they want to do it, at least within a reasonable amount of time.

Lemme know if there are any questions or issues about the new defines. They should be good and are pretty straight forward. Before anyone asks; yes, you have to compile the source code yourself in order to set these defines.