View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 11:02 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

for reference:

Cheers, yeah I've taken a look at that list and tried so many combinations.

Quote:
Expansions
Default: 511

Accessible expansions for all players.

0 - Classic
1 - Ruins of Kunark
2 - Scars of Velious
4 - Shadows of Luclin
8 - Planes of Power
16 - Legacy of Ykesha
32 - Lost Dungeons of Norrath
64 - Gates of Discord
128 - Omens of War
256 - Dragons of Norrath
512 - Depths of Darkhallow
1024 - Prophecy of Ro
2048 - Serpent's Spine
4096 - The Burried Sea
8192 - Secrets of Faydwer
Quote:
Locate variables table within Database. Then locate varname Expansions:

It is this variable that you need to change to restrict certain expansions (Classes/Races). Here is a few variables that will help you get started:

1 Default
2 EQ Only
3 EQ / Kunark - Enables Iksar Race Only
4 EQ / Luclin - Enables Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class Only
5 EQ / Kunark / Luclin - Enables Iksar & Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class
19 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar & Froglok Race Only
20 EQ / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Vah Shir & Froglok Race Only (No Iksar) + Beastlord Class
21 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar, Var Shir, & Froglok Races + Beastlord Class Only
255 Enables All Expansions + Berserker Class
I think the one directly above is from the old wiki. There's a million links to it.
Old broken wiki link

Lastly, there is this thread:
Is there any way to actually turn off expansions?

Like the OP in that thread, I don't understand where the 16383 comes from. I know the formula in post #3 (2^X-1 where X = Expansion Number. In this case X = 14) is where it comes from, but why is the expansion 14?

I've tried switching the expansion number, with limited success (from 1 - 8192, everything seems random. Some disable at high numbers, and really low numbers). Like I said in my first post, I can get it to disable berserkers and drakkin, but frogloks are always disabled too. I can also get it to disable vah shir and iksars, just can't get the right combination..

Edit: Just to clarify. 31 gives me everything but drakkin, frogloks and berserkers. 32 gives me base EQ from what I can tell (no iksar, vah shir, froglok or drakkin), 33 gives me Kunark.