View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Hmm. Do you know if .3DS files support multitexturing (with or without alpha blending)? If it does and if I can get a sample I can try adding support to OpenZone and SimpleClient, but that technique would only work for .XWF files (WLD files can't handle it). Do you need to make zones for the live client or only for SimpleClient? I'm guessing the former, but I have to ask. For .WLD files perhaps you could make a low-res zone texture, but that wouldn't look that great, or perhaps a low-res zone texture that is only used where there are roads?

Exporting to .EQG is a possibility, but I have no information at all on the format and I'd hate to have to go that route as it would take a lot of effort away from other things (for instance, I'm maybe halfway through building a human female player model and I plan to complete it this weekend, then I want to do GeorgeS' spider models). I then want to populate the Veldona zone with mobs and do another full-up release of SimpleClient, after releasing OpenZone 8.4.