View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 01:41 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Smile spells_us issue (Spirit of Wolf)

So I've run into an interesting issue where Spirit of Wolf is saying I need a minimum level of 255 to scribe it.

I scoured the EQEmulator forums and everyone seems to point in the direction of using the default spells_us file that came with the Titanium client install instead of the spells_us file that I had from when I recently played on P99.

I took their advice and this did fix the 255 minimum level requirement for spells like Spirit of Wolf, but it came at a massive price. Now all of my spell icons are wrong and the spell effects are wrong. Totally un-classic.

Is there really no way to simply update the minimum required level of a single spell in the database? Am I really required to use the default spells_us file that comes from the Titanium install, instead of using the P99 spells_us file and simply editing the 255 down to the appropriate level?

I've searched the database far and wide and I cannot find a single entry that defines the spell (or the item Spell: Spirit of Wolf) as requiring any sort of level at all. Surely there is a way to manipulate this without losing all of the progress that the P99 staff have made with the spells_us file being true to classic.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!